It’s been nine months now that the lovely Vivian Taber and I have been “officially” a couple. On Friday we went out to celebrate at the Macaroni Grill in Omaha before going to JNO to join our friends for the Halloween dance. Every time Viv and I are together, we make more amazing memories:
- Making me black bean chili
- Going to church together on Sunday and then dancing together every Sunday afternoon at Lindy in the Park, eating ice cream afterwards, and getting bread together that night from Panera.
- Sharing a campfire together at the Lonely Onion Ranch.
- Driving her deep into Iowa to meet my family in Cedar Rapids, then driving into a breathtaking golden sunset on the way back.
- Going on my first camping trip, canoing on the Niobrara and seeing the infite expanse of the universe without the light of the city getting in the way.
- Experiencing my first Cowtown Jamborama and making everyone hoot with a kiss after winning the corn-eating contest.
- The best birthday of my life with friends and a big Cortland Cake.
- Waffles, used books, and watching a parade in NebraskaCity.
- Making her my first cake ever in the shape of two red velvet hearts for her birthday.
- Dancing our way down to St.Cecilia’s in a parade.
- Stuffing straw everywhere I could on the Hayrack ride, then dancing upstairs in the same spot she met the Omaha Jitterbugs.
- Tramping our way through Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and getting to feel like a kid again.
- Getting to be whiney and cheesy together for Halloween.
All these things and more make me feel so special, even without the t-shirt. You make me feel like the luckiest guy in the world, Vivian, and I’m loving you every minute.