Remembering 2007: This was a monumental year in the life of Matt Johnson.
Here are some of the highlights … in pictures!
- In January, Vivian and I begin our dating relationship on the 26th, which started officially right after a trip to Sakura Bana with our friends (a day we would celebrate for years to come as our “sushi anniversary.”)
- In February, Vivian and Jenny throw a Taco Party, and a couple of us get snowed in for the night (including me). Also Valentine’s Day.
- In March, I take a memorable trip to London, where I met several of my European friends from Comic Genesis, as well as my pen-pal Caroline from the fourth grade (in addition to seeing Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Greenwich Observatory, St. Paul’s Cathedral, a museum or two, and going swing dancing at the 100 Club).
- In April, Vivian and I continue having fun dating, which includes a picnic in Hummel Park, a trip to the museum, a trip to the zoo, and Easter Dinner.
- In May, I went to Lindy in the Park for the first time with Vivian (which was then a weekly event). I took Vivian to see the Secret Bridges for the first time, dressed for an 80s night at JNO, and saw the B-52s perform at Shadowlake Mall. We also had Free Comic Book Day, where I got to see the Comic Genesis book on the shelf and meet Margot Kidder.
- In June, I flew to St. Louis to attend my second Comic Genesis cookout, which was the biggest meetup our eclectic group of comic artists have ever had.
- In July, my parents came to visit and met Vivian for the first time. I also celebrated Independence Day with Vivian by setting off fireworks in an empty parking lot.
- In August, I went to Cowtown Jamborama for the first time, and I won first place in the corn-eating competition. I also went on my very first camping trip up near Valentine along the Niobrara River.
- In September, I threw Vivian a giant birthday party at Onion-Boy’s house.
- In October, Vivian and I have fun at Vala’s and dress up as Wine and Cheese for Halloween.
- In November, I had Thanksgiving at Vivian’s house and attended the tree-lighting at Union Station for the first time (where we met Santa).
- In December, Nathan and I flew home to North Carolina to spend Christmas with the family, and then I had a rocking 80s-style New Year’s Eve with Vivian and our mutual friends.